Sunday, December 20, 2009

Nice day for a ride

With a predicted temperature of around 50 degrees in Pueblo, it wasn't a difficult decision to head down there for a ride. I sent out a mass invite but got mostly "no's". Of course, there is always one hardcore dude out there and I found him. The Kappel-meister! He only knows one speed...fast. He basically rides hard until he's tired, and heads back to the car. A perfect candidate for a helmet-cam footage subject:


Lake Pueblo State Park Mountain bike ride from Alan Keeffe on Vimeo.

As you can see from the video, I was finally a victim of the sharp rocks on my thin sidewalled tires. Ahh, the price you pay for light wheels.
After my rear tire exploded and instantaneously lost all of it's air, I set my bike down and started to asess the damage. Mike looked at me and asked: "What are YOU going to do?". Haha, I guess he was never a marine! I sent him on his way and made plans to fix the tire and meet him at his car. I got to his car first and he arrived within minutes, which means his ride was barely interrupted by my bad luck. Excellent!
The chest-mount strap for the helmet-cam was awesome. Thanks again, Don.

No comments:

Post a Comment