Saturday, October 17, 2009

Everything old is new again

There was a Mountain Bike race in Palmer Park today. Normally I would avoid that area and go for a ride elsewhere but I got a wild hair and asked the promoter, Andy Bohlman, if I could race the Men's Cat II 40-49 age class and he said yes. Even more awesome was that he would comp me the entry fee!
I retired from racing around 15 years ago and never looked back. But I also have raced every mountain bike race in Palmer Park that has been held. So yesterday I emailed Andy and explained my situation and he was down with it. Talk about slipping into an old pair of comfortable shoes...

So my streak remains and that means next year I will have to do it all over again. Now that I am older and wiser, I have learned the best recovery food:

No comments:

Post a Comment