Sunday, November 22, 2009

Finally tried the Incline!

Today I decided to meet my friends Dave and Derek and hike the Mount Manitou Incline. I'm sure you've heard all of the stories about how steep it is so I won't be redundant.

Here is the view from the very bottom.



Derek and Dave getting started.



Dave on a snow-packed portion.



Those steps get pretty tall on the steep parts.



Derek on the final push to the top. Just below
him, the steps were slick and you could see
many hikers slipping. Derek said he
slipped back about 5 steps there!



Yeah, Dave!

It turned out to be a great workout especially for a cyclist. Going down is much harder for me than going up. The people are all pretty friendly, too. One guy blasted the last few steps and stopped his watch at 23 minutes. The funny thing is that is really fast for one mile and 2300' of elevation gain!

No comments:

Post a Comment